• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS-3.4 -- compatible with 7.5.3 ?

J

JohnB@

The SW-Soft site list CentOS-3.3 as being compatible with Plesk 7.5.3 Reloaded. But how about CentOS-3.4?

Has anyone installed this -- any problems?? Or do I need to download an outdated CentOS version to install Plesk?

Thanks.

John

works perfect with centos-3.4.. but you should change the info in /etc/redhat-release Search the forum for more info..

In reality that shouldn't be necessary - otherwise why don't we just use the RHEL3 version and change /etc/redhat-release.

The CentOS build should just be the same as the RHEL3 build ... and both should accept anything in /etc/redhat-release as long as it's RHEL3.x or CentOS3.x IMHO.

I'm not sure if I agree with that.. if you don't change the info in /etc/redhat-release the updater won't work.. Never use it anyway, but for those who use it... :)

Hi,

No, you're not getting what I mean. What I am saying is in reality the RHEL3 and CentOS builds of Plesk SHOULD be identical other than the checker for the string in /etc/redhat-release. I see no point in SWsoft creating a different build for both OS'es, and there *should* be one single release which accepts all possible combinations of content for /etc/redhat-release on all versions of RHEL3 and CentOS3.x.

I know in practice this isn't the case, but I really don't see why it's like this.

ahh..sorry ;) I totally agree.. no idea why they make a own release for centos..

Just to double check, what info is needed in /etc/redhat-release ?

Is this okay? I have one line that has:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 4)

Back