1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

CentOS 3.9 and Plesk 8.2 to 9x upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Katana, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Katana

Katana New Pleskian

73%
    Hello,

I'm wondering can I upgade Plesk 8.2.1 to 9x version with having CentOS 3.9?
    I didn't even find Plesk 8.6/9x version for CentOS 3.9, there is only for 4x, 5x versions.

Thanks

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    I think it would be much more better if you install fresh version of Plesk to fresh version of OS and migrate all from old installation.

3. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Plesk 9 doesn't support CentOS 3.x. The system requirements only list version 4.x en 5.x for CentOS: http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/rn/en-US/plesk-9.5.4-for-rpm-based-os.html#3

CentOS 3.x reached end of life in October 2010, so the OS is itself also no longer supported: http://centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=43 This means that security vulnerabilities for CentOS 3 will no longer get fixed and you're probably running a server with known vulnerabilities.

I recommend migrating to a supported platform.

4. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

definatelty move to the 5.x branch, or wait for a little bit and move into the 6.1 tree.