• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question CentOS 6 to 7 Upgrade with Plesk Onyx

theywill

Basic Pleskian
CentOS 6.10
Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #79

I need to upgrade my CentOS version to 7 to have OS installed Apache above 2.2 to support the eliminate of TLS 1.0 and 1.1.

See:

I've found an upgrader for CentOS 6 here.

However, Codero, the server host, says Plesk will not support the OS being upgraded that way. Instead, they want to fresh install CentOS 7 and have me restore my Plesk sites. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm opening up a potentially huge work load by having to reconfigure everything and restore the Plesk sties.

Best regards,
James

Only Debian distupgrade is supported, not CentOS

Instead, they want to fresh install CentOS 7 and have me restore my Plesk sites. Does anyone have experience with this?

this could be as follows.
- set up a new centos 7 server with plesk an install pleskmigrator extension
- migrate all accounts from the centos 6 server with the "pleskmigrator" to centos 7 server
- either remove the ip from the source server and put it on the target server and change the ip there, or do a dns update to the new ip for all domains of the server.

Yeah. I've used the migrator, but it requires the IP of the source server. Since the source would be a drive on the new OS, I don't think the original Plesk would be running anymore. Maybe I could just make a complete backup and restore that. I've never done that server-wide before.

It's unfortunate you can't upgrade the OS with Plesk on it.

Back