• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Centos 8 GIT issue ( and fix)

JulianDot

Basic Pleskian
Centos 8.0
Plesk 18.0.25 ( obviously)

When you try to integrate a remote GIT repository, on a different SSH port, you may get the error:

Code:
fatal: ssh variant 'simple' does not support setting port

This one occur because on Centos 8, git version is : 2.18.2 and on Centos 7 is : 1.8.3.1
And The internal behavior of Git (>=2.16.0) for SSH tool detection changed

Solution:
change the SSH variant from CLI :

Bash:
 git config --system ssh.variant ssh

Hello Julian,

could you please provide more details about your use-case ?

I have tried to reproduce (unfortunately I have only CentOS 8.1, but I don't thinkthat this is critical) but without luck:
install git extension in plesk, configure it for manual deployment and clone to different folder,
define remote repo as
ssh://git_user@internal_host.plesk.com:2233/project/repo.git
and it was successfully fetched (I can see files from repo and correct information about last commit).

git-2.18.2-1.el8_1.x86_64
CentOS Linux release 8.1.1911 (Core)
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.25.0
OS version: CentOS 8.1.1911 x86_64
Build date: 2020/03/16 09:00
Revision: a85ae381060f0b70f94829c7c9fbfe8b5a9edebe

1. It may be a case the Centos version
I have only CentOS Linux release 8.0.1905 (Core) , Vritualization: lxc
Because once Plesk installed, i pass the responsability to upgrade to 8.1 and above to Plesk updater :)

OSCentOS Linux 8.0.1905 (Core)
ProductPlesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.25, last updated on Mar 17, 2020 09:53 PM

2. In plesk, Subscription, Domain, Git, Add Repository , Remote git repository
ssh://[email protected]:2086/groupname/api.git
( which is similar with your repo )
and the error occur.

Last edited:
Hello,

> Because once Plesk installed, i pass the responsability to upgrade to 8.1 and above to Plesk updater :)
Actually Plesk updater doesn't update whole server, you need to enabled automatic updates in System Update tool instead

Hello,

> Because once Plesk installed, i pass the responsability to upgrade to 8.1 and above to Plesk updater :)
Actually Plesk updater doesn't update whole server, you need to enabled automatic updates in System Update tool instead

Is already enabled, fom the beginning.
And still is not updating to Centos 8.1
So this may be another issue, i am digging through logs to find out why is not updating.

hi Julian,
I was able to reproduce an issue on cos8.1, so our dev team have treated it as bug and will fix as quick as it possible.

we'll keep you updated.

Back