• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Certification exams are free on Plesk University!

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Starting today, all Plesk University certification exams are free for all users!

Here’s how it works:

- Certification exams are available in the course catalog (https://university.plesk.com/catalog/) and can be acquired by students free of charge.

- Certification exam is automatically assigned to a student once they complete the corresponding course. Students will see information about the exam at the end of the course, as well as in a notification from Plesk University.

- This change is permanent.

By the way, if someone received any Plesk certificate, please write to me about it in PM.

Will be taking mine soon at one point [emoji3] will you be playing any status to users who pass the certifications to the community profile?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Will be taking mine soon at one point
emoji3.png
will you be playing any status to users who pass the certifications to the community profile?
Please read this - https://talk.plesk.com/threads/become-the-certified-pleskian.343464/
Thank you!

I'm glad to announce that Plesk University had partnered with Acclaim to launch a digital badging program - a new way of sharing your Plesk certification credentials.

image004.jpg

Badges are web-enabled graphic representation of a certification, packed with essential data: your name, date you earned the certificate, skills that you acquired, and steps you completed to earn the certificate. All of this data can be verified in real-time, online on Acclaim website.

Badges provide your peers and employer concrete evidence of what you had to do to earn your credential and what you’re now capable of.

Here's what you do to earn a badge:

1. Pass any Plesk Onyx exam in Plesk University.
2. Receive a badge notification by e-mail, directing you to Acclaim.
3. Create a free account with Acclaim. If you already have an Acclaim account registered to your private e-mail, add your e-mail which was used for Univercity certification to your existing account.
4. Claim your shiny, new badge.

Once you claim your badge, you can share it on social media, on your LinkedIn profile, or add it to your e-mail signature.

Last edited:
I'm glad to announce that we have updated our most popular courses and exams to Plesk Onyx 17.8 specs:
While updating these courses, we tried to make sure that the exams are backwards-compatible with earlier versions of Plesk Onyx, since we expect that a lot of our partners will keep using older versions for some time. If you are already certified on one of these courses, you don't need to retake them. Instead, check out Plesk Onyx 17.8: What's New? to learn about new features.

We're working on updating WordPress Toolkit course and will release it by the end of March.

Plesk Onyx Expert courses and exams will be updated in June to incorporate an overview of such important new tools and features as Plesk Repair Kit, nginx caching, and more.

I'm glad to announce that we have updated our most popular courses and exams to Plesk Onyx 17.8 specs:
While updating these courses, we tried to make sure that the exams are backwards-compatible with earlier versions of Plesk Onyx, since we expect that a lot of our partners will keep using older versions for some time. If you are already certified on one of these courses, you don't need to retake them. Instead, check out Plesk Onyx 17.8: What's New? to learn about new features.

We're working on updating WordPress Toolkit course and will release it by the end of March.

Plesk Onyx Expert courses and exams will be updated in June to incorporate an overview of such important new tools and features as Plesk Repair Kit, nginx caching, and more.

Hello,

I just attempted and failed the Plesk Onyx for Windows Expert Certification Exam on a different Plesk University account. Since I know the last question that I answered was marked as incorrect, I would like to provide some feedback on this question.

The question was (paraphrasing): You want to upgrade from Plesk version 11.0.9 to Plesk Onyx. Please choose one correct answer.

Please note and pay special attention that the question did not specify a numbered version to upgrade to, it just said "Plesk Onyx." Of the four available answers, I narrowed down what I believed the answer to be from these two possible answers:

1. Upgrade directly to Onyx
2. Upgrade to version 12, then upgrade to Onyx

Here is the problem with this question, and many other questions just like it. You are very specific about the starting version, but vague about the intended final version following the upgrade. I made sure to reread the question multiple times carefully, and it does not specify an intended numbered version to upgrade to, just "Onyx"

That creates a problem, because "Onyx" could be version 17.0, 17.5, 17.8 ... they are all "Onyx" but it changes the correct answer based on which numbered version you are upgrading to.

According to this page:

Plesk Upgrade Guide

The current version of Plesk should support upgrading to Plesk Onyx 17.5. The supported versions are:
    Note: For Plesk Onyx 17.8 the upgrade is possible from Plesk 12.0 and newer

If you want to upgrade to Plesk Onyx version 17.0 or 17.5 , then the first answer is correct, you can upgrade directly from 11.0.9 to 17.0 or 17.5.

If you want to upgrade to Plesk Onyx version 17.8, then the first answer would be incorrect, and the second answer would be correct, requiring you to upgrade to version 12 first, then Onyx.

That put me in a frustrating situation, having to guess which numbered version of Plesk Onyx the question is referring to. A test-taker should never have to guess the intent of an exam question. I guessed that the question referred to the latest version of Plesk Onyx, version 17.8. So I chose the answer "Upgrade to version 12, then Onyx" and my answer was marked incorrect, despite the above-referenced article supporting my answer if you were upgrading to version 17.8, which is still Plesk Onyx.

I would recommend removing this question or updating the question to specify the exact version number you are supposed to be upgrading to.

I am very frustrated that my answer was marked incorrect and I failed the exam. It feels unfair.

Thank you.

@pleskquestioncomplaint As far as I know, the developers of the course wrote to you that it was necessary to take the OS into account.
But anyway, thank you for your feedback!

@pleskquestioncomplaint As far as I know, the developers of the course wrote to you that it was necessary to take the OS into account.
But anyway, thank you for your feedback!

@IgorG Thank you for replying. You are correct in that I did receive a response via email, however, I now have the exact phrasing of the question, which is:

Spoiler

If I am not mistaken, Windows Server 2012 is compatible with all versions of Plesk Onyx, including upgrade paths, so I do not believe the Operating System is relevant to this question. My original feedback is still unresolved at this time.

Please try to understand that I am not trying to be difficult just for the sake of it. If I answered the question incorrectly, I want to know why so I can learn and improve :)

If I had to guess, I assume that this question was probably created before Plesk Onyx version 17.8 , so before 17.8 the answer would have been "Upgrade directly to Plesk Onyx on the same server." but the question needs to be updated and clarified now that 17.8 is out now and still named Onyx.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
@pleskquestioncomplaint As you already answered in direct email, you passed the exam on June 11, before we updated it to Plesk Onyx 17.8, but you already used the information on Plesk Onyx 17.8.

I'm thinking to apply for a certificate, but not sure what are my chances. I just want to read some real-life stories from someone who got already such a sort of certificate. Therefore, I will be grateful for your feedback and recommendations in this field! By the way, during the Google search, I found this site cciedump.spoto.net where you can get professional help to pass the exams to get the desired certificate. If anyone has heard of this company, please let me know. I've read reviews from grateful students and I think it's worth contacting them.

Last edited:
I’m glad to announce that in the past two months (May and June) we have released the following new and updated courses:

• SolusIO Professional course and exam, in which students can learn how to install and set up SolusIO to begin providing virtual server hosting to their customers. As SolusIO is a quickly developing product, we will keep an eye on it and update the course with new features as quickly as possible.

• Plesk Obsidian for Windows Expert course and exam, a full rework of the previous iteration of Windows Expert course for Plesk Onyx, teaches how to update to Plesk Obsidian, how Plesk works, and how to troubleshoot problems with hosting services and Plesk itself.

• WordPress Toolkit course has been completely overhauled based on student feedback. The course now has more video segments and includes advanced topics: Setting up WordPress email notifications, Providing a managed WordPress hosting with WordPress Toolkit, and Troubleshooting. Since the course has been updated so drastically, the progress of all students has been reset.

I hope you, our partners, and our users will find these courses useful.

Back