• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CF8 + Plesk 9 Correct Installation Order

M

mikelegg

In previous versions of Plesk, Coldfusion had to be installed before Plesk, but the documentation for Plesk 9 appears to indicate that the opposite is now the case.

Can anyone confirm the correct installation order ?

I'm just about to do an install and up to this point I was going to to install ColdFusion first.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

Did you get any answers to this yet? Just wanted to see if you might have posted this on another forum and if you got a response for it yet. If you don't mind sharing that info with me because I'm looking to setup the same thing. I appreciate any input you provide.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that info. Can you kindly share your server setup with me? I currently have the following:

- Windows Web Server 2008 x64
- Plesk 9.0.1
- ColdFusion 8 x86

So what you are saying is to install CF 8 first then install Plesk 9 after is that correct? I appreciate you geting back to me on this.

Thank you,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
My set up is similar to yours but 32bit rather than 64.

- Windows Web Server 2008 Standard
- Plesk 9.0.1
- ColdFusion 8 x86

So you installed CF 8 first then you installed Plesk 9 and all works now?

Thank you,

Mike

I've only done some very basic ColdFusion testing, but yes everything seems to be working fine.

I'll be migrating some real sites over the next few days, I'll let you know if I find any problems.

Back