• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CGI not working after migration from Plesk 9.5.4

Here is an extract from the :

[Fri Mar 30 10:36:03 2012] [error] [client 82.229.51.39] Premature end of script headers: test.cgi

What sort of output of following command:

# grep CGI_PHP_BIN /etc/psa/psa.conf

there is nothing.

[root@vps13961 ~]# grep CGI_PHP_BIN /etc/psa/psa.conf
[root@vps13961 ~]#

No answer.

I have remplace du suexec with the psa-suexec. And its still not working.

I think the problem becomes from the migration. Because, to test, I've created a domain from scratch and the CGI test page of Plesk is working (www.domaine.tld/test/cgi/test.html).

I think that I've a bad configuration of my domain that I've migrate (with the plesk tool of course).

I think that the cgi-bin folder is not properly installed.

You can try to reconfigure domain with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <domain_name>

Still not working.
I think that I will save my files, DB, and cgi. Then delete the domain and subdomain. And finaly create all manually.

;-(

The same problem is happening to me
Upgraded from 9.5 to 10.4, and in all my subdomains that use cgi, cgi is not working

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks

Yes I find a solution after a lot of tries ! so I'm not sure of what I've done.

The problem is the path to cgi directory has changed between the two version specialy if you have a subdomain. You can chose modify it in plesk but it's not very explicite.

I have test all the different configuration and one of them works. But I can't tell you witch one. I've done too many tests.

Good luck.

When CGI script don't work after a migration, one thing to check is that the cgi-bin folder has the correct ownership.

For example, after I did migrations from 8.6 to 10.4.4, cgi-bin was ftpuser.psacln but should have been ftpuser.psaserv

You would normally get a different error ("permission denied") in the logs, and a 500 Internal Server Error on the screen, when this is the case, so this almost certainly isn't what's causing your problem. But I thought I'd mention it here just in case it helps someone in the future.

See http://kb.parallels.com/en/430

Last edited:
Back