• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Change HORDe or Roundcube by user

grazer75

New Pleskian
I have seen some organization have a choice of horde or Roundcube for each user to login.
How is this possible? As far as i know i can set this by service packets or in the domain, only or?

Yes, but mailboxes will not be the same. They will be different - one for the main domain and the other for a subdomain.
And one mailbox (main domain) will be handled by Roundcube and another - by Horde (subdomain), for example.

Yes, but mailboxes will not be the same. They will be different - one for the main domain and the other for a subdomain.
And one mailbox (main domain) will be handled by Roundcube and another - by Horde (subdomain), for example.
Is no clear for me.
In "add-componentes" I can select both: horde and roundcube, then a server lever we can have both, rigth?
The the question is: where I can select who will use Horde and who will use Roundcube? This choice can be changed?
The subdomain webmail.examplo.org change if its used one or other?
Thanks

The the question is: where I can select who will use Horde and who will use Roundcube? This choice can be changed?
The subdomain webmail.examplo.org change if its used one or other?
You can always go to the Mail Settings of the domain or subdomain and select which webmail it will use.

who will use Horde and who will use Roundcube?
This setting can only be made based on a domain name, not based on a specific user. But there are two workarounds if you wish to provide your users with a choice:
1) You can create subdomains to your domain and install your own webmail clients, e.g. your own version of Horde or your own of Roundcube or others like Squirrel Mail etc. Then you users can always choose which one to use.
2) You can create subdomains and set their "webmail" sub(-sub)-domain to Horde and Roundcube per subdomain. This will however let you end up with the third level like "webmail.myhordesubdomain.mydomain.com" and "webmail.myroundcube.subdomain.mydomain.com".

At this time however I strongly discourage the use of Horde, because a security issue has been found that enables an attacker to gain full access to a server simply by sending a prepared image file to a user who uses Horde and opens that mail. It is in no way safe to use Horde. Sneaky users could even send such a special image file to themselves and gain shell access using the security flaw. The Horde community has not yet provided a patch. For some operating systems there are "homemade" patches available, but none is official.

Back