• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Change outgoing port

L

Lindsay@

As i sent out massmail about maintaince on seeveral forums my port 25 is closed for the moment but it will be open again after i explained it

I used my ISP smtp server as i dont have reverse dns and cant get it.
How can i set up qmail or postfix to use 2525 as alternative port for outgoing mails?

I used the following article to add port 2525 to qmail:
http://wiki.mediatemple.net/w/(dv):Enable_alternate_SMTP_email_port
(also added the port to /etc/services tcp and udp)
It was working fine. I could telnet into qmail on port 2525 and get a response but suddenly it just stopped working.
Now when I try to telnet in on port 2525 it just hangs. I can see that xinetd is listening on 2525 and 25 but no joy connecting on 2525, 25 works though.
netstat output:
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:2525 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 12253/xinetd
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 12253/xinetd

Any ideas on how to address this or how to troubleshoot?

Back