• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Virtual Hosts location problems

H

hostofthewest

Hi all,

Here's a couple of questions in regard to changing the virtual hosts location.

I ran this tool in the hopes of reconfiguring the sites from the smaller c:\ partition to the larger d:\ partition. The problem came when it hit some oscommerce sites that it wouldn't copy.

The only option was to cancel the process, however, while it did reverse some of the changes, like putting the home directory entries back to c:\inetpub\vhosts in IIS, it did not change Plesk's instance back to c:\. In other words I get error messages when adding or removing domains about not being able to create a dumps directory on d:\.

websvrmng is confused about the location of the vhosts.

So, my questions are this:

1. Where can I change what Plesk thinks it the default location for vhosts? Is this a database entry or in a file?

2. Is there any documentation concerning moving the vhosts location that goes into any detail beyond what I find in Google?

Thank you,
Bill

Hi,

The registry key wound up correcting the problem in the end. This is a 64 bit server so the key was located in a different place but the issue has been corrected.

The documentation for changing the vhosts location leaves a lot to be desired but thank you.

The reversal process does not revert all settings. I needed to not only correct the registry entries but also all the IIS FTP home directory paths.

I'm also still in the same place I started in that changing the vhosts location does not handle OScommerce sites. I would rather not do this manually but between registry and metabase edits along with the file copying it may work.

Thank you,
-Bill

Back