• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question change webmail prefix?

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Hi there. I was wondering if the prefix webmail.xxxx is modifyable - I intend to migrate to the new server, but I'd like the old webmail to be available for a few weeks for people to pull old mail if any arrives there, so I thought I'd create a oldwebmail.xxxx hostname for it with the old server's IP.. But is that possible? thanks! -t

You can do this by using custom vhost settings on your old server.
Read the documentation for it here: Changing Virtual Hosts Settings Using Configuration Templates

Then you can create your custom template directory:
# mkdir -p /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/webmail/

Then, copy the original template /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/webmail/webmail.php to the directory created above and modify it according to your needs (modify the values for "ServerName" and "ServerAlias"). After that, re-create your configuration as explained in step 5 in the documentation.

By default, webmail is configured on access over the default ports for HTTP/HTTPS (i.e. 80/443). It is considered an optimal configuration.

As a workaround, the following files might be created:

Code:
/etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/webmails/hostname.server.tld_webmail.conf
/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails/hostname.server.tld_webmail.conf

Change the corresponding settings to set the necessary name and port, i.e.:

Code:
listen 10.39.92.23:9998 ssl;
server_name "hostname.server.tld";

Note: This is a custom configuration that is not supported and should be done on your side and at your own risk.

Back