• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question change webmail prefix?

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Hi there. I was wondering if the prefix webmail.xxxx is modifyable - I intend to migrate to the new server, but I'd like the old webmail to be available for a few weeks for people to pull old mail if any arrives there, so I thought I'd create a oldwebmail.xxxx hostname for it with the old server's IP.. But is that possible? thanks! -t

You can do this by using custom vhost settings on your old server.
Read the documentation for it here: Changing Virtual Hosts Settings Using Configuration Templates

Then you can create your custom template directory:
# mkdir -p /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/webmail/

Then, copy the original template /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/webmail/webmail.php to the directory created above and modify it according to your needs (modify the values for "ServerName" and "ServerAlias"). After that, re-create your configuration as explained in step 5 in the documentation.

By default, webmail is configured on access over the default ports for HTTP/HTTPS (i.e. 80/443). It is considered an optimal configuration.

As a workaround, the following files might be created:

Code:
/etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/webmails/hostname.server.tld_webmail.conf
/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails/hostname.server.tld_webmail.conf

Change the corresponding settings to set the necessary name and port, i.e.:

Code:
listen 10.39.92.23:9998 ssl;
server_name "hostname.server.tld";

Note: This is a custom configuration that is not supported and should be done on your side and at your own risk.

Back