• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Change which PHP version Plesk is using

savedario

New Pleskian
My server is successfully running several sites with 3 different PHP versions.

Still, Plesk itself is still using the outdated 5.4.16.

I would like to remedy that because of security and performances.

My searches so far have not revealed a solution for this and I am not that comfortable running something like:

yum install php7.1

and just hope for the best.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Running:
Product: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #44 , last updated at Mar 9, 2019 02:43 PM

Plesk currently uses system PHP. This behavior is supposed to be changing soon.

That's helping only a little. I suppose it begs for more questions:
- can Plesk run under PHP 7.x ?
- has someone tried to replace "system PHP" with a more recent PHP version ? With what results ?
- how far is "soon" ? 1 week, 1 month, 6 months ?
Plesk was pre-installed on the server by the provider only 2 years ago when PHP 5.6 was already schedule for EOL.
Were they just lazy and used the out-of-date image they already had ?

Still, Plesk itself is still using the outdated 5.4.16.
You are wrong:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -v
PHP 7.1.14 (cli) (built: Feb 12 2019 14:02:07) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.1.14, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

Probably... but then... how come I cannot remove the oldest PHP version 5.4.16 and I get the error:

The following components depend on the components you are going to remove or conflict with components you are going to install:

AWStats, Git, All language localization for Plesk, Skins and Color Schemes, Server Health Monitor, Cloudflare ServerShield, Advisor, Let's Encrypt, Plesk Migrator, Plesk Firewall

These components have been selected for removal below. To confirm removal of all additional components, click Continue. To cancel removal or installation of certain components, select the corresponding option from the actions list.

The following components depend on the components you are going to remove or conflict with components you are going to install, but cannot be implcitly removed:

Plesk

Either confirm that you allow removal of these components by selecting the corresponding option from the actions list or make sure other components that these depend on aren't removed or conflicting ones aren't installed, then click Continue. To abandon components removal click Cancel modifying.

Back