• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changed MySQL user password - Site Offline?

JCourtney

New Pleskian
My host is running Plesk 8.6.0 and they wanted me to run a MySQL query, but the customer couldn't remember the mysql password, so I changed the database password from the web interface to something new.

However, after doing so it broke the website. Which now says:

Drupal Site off-line
The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

I'm assuming this broke because I changed the password for the MySQL database user, and some config file somewhere is still set with the old password.

Do I have a settings.php? Where do I find it? If I don't have that file, what other location would I need to change to set the new database password?

I searched for settings.php and I found all these, what one do I need to edit?

[root@apexnetworkpt usr]# find -name settings.php
./local/psa/var/cgitory/noahclass-1.3-55/htdocs/gorum/settings.php
./local/psa/var/cgitory/DocFAQ-1.71-37/htdocs/settings.php
./local/psa/var/cgitory/phpwebsite-0.10.2-34/htdocs/js/mini_cal/settings.php
./local/psa/var/cgitory/CSLH-2.14.5-2/htdocs/settings.php
./local/psa/var/cgitory/moodle-1.8-29/htdocs/admin/settings.php
./local/psa/var/cgitory/Drupal-6.1-3/htdocs/sites/default/settings.php

I looked through all the settings.php and I don't see anywhere where the old password / mysql database was referenced.

Last edited:
Back