• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changed the Group permissions....

R

relmz

I have several domains on my account that I wanted to administer with a single username and password. I previously had accomplished this by adding a new group, which I did, and then giving the group permissions to write to the directory for the domains I wished that user to have access to. When I created the new group on my plesk7.5reloaded server, I added the usernames I wanted as well as apache, psaadm, psaftp, and psaserv. I took those names from the group that was previously assigned to the files, psaserv, and added them to my new "html" group which has a group id of 3 numbers lower than psaserv. Finally, after assigning the "html" group to my files, I can no longer access the directory via FTP or http. When I change the files back to the original group, whose participants were all included in my new group, it works fine.

I hate to assume that this is a "feature".

Any help is appreciated.

Back