1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Changelog

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by matt.simpson, Aug 12, 2007.

1. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Basic Pleskian

I'm going to bring this up again, because it is not only important, but imperative that administrators' know exactly what has changed in a Plesk release.

I just installed Plesk 8.2 fresh install yesterday, and at the end of the day there was an update available.

Trying to find out what changed from the morning to the afternoon is nearly impossible.

Upon looking at what packages it downloaded I found:

psa-hotfix3 8.2.0 rhel4.build82070807.17i586
    psa-locale-base-en-US 8.2.0 rhel4.build82070807.17noarch
    psa-qmail 1.03 rhel4.build82070807.17i586
    psa-selinux 8.2.0 rhel4.build82070807.17noarch
    psa-updates 8.2.0 rhel4.build82070807.17noarch

Fair enough, but:

1. Okay, but what does this hotfix3 actually fix.

2. What changed in the language files.

3. What changed in the qmail configuration.

4. Did it fix the problems I was previously experiencing with selinux.

5. What is psa-updates, how much more generic can you get.

The changelog in the Downloads section used to be useful, now it's full of advertising half-wit BSYT speak instead of useful information.

Instead of calling that a changelog, how about calling that changelog-overview, and keeping the changelog as a real changelog.

Best Regards,
    ~Matt Simpson