• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Changes with mailmng-outgoing are not displaying in Plesk UI

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Changes with mailmng-outgoing are not displaying in Plesk UI

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.47 Update #5

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

If the command plesk sbin mailmng-outgoing --set-mailname-limits --domain-name=example.com --mailname=test --out-limit=250 was executed, then inside of the Plesk>Tools&Settings>Outgoing Mail Control>Domains> example.com the 250 value was not displayed.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Run:
# plesk sbin mailmng-outgoing --set-mailname-limits --domain-name=example.com --mailname=test --out-limit=250

Verify:
# plesk sbin mailmng-outgoing --pretty-print --fetch-statistics --with-limits
(here you see limit was applied)

Go to Plesk:
Plesk>Tools&Settings>Outgoing Mail Control>Domains> example.com and see, that the Limit is not displayed

ACTUAL RESULT

Not displaying in UI. Confusing.

EXPECTED RESULT

Plesk>Tools&Settings>Outgoing Mail Control>Domains> example.com
Limit which set over SSH should displayed also here.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

As the help message for the plesk CLI tool states:

sbin - Run the specified Plesk internal utility

So the sbin is for internal use. It only changes the underlying configs but does not update values in the database, which are then shown in UI.

You should use plesk bin mail command like this:

# plesk bin mail -u [email protected] -outgoing-messages-mbox-limit 250

# plesk bin mail -u [email protected] -outgoing-messages-mbox-limit 250
Hi, do you have full explanation of that in docs? I looked docs, talked long to support (Ticket 351425), feature request got opened you commented and lead me to forum now I writing (little bit late) and now is it possible without feature and bug? That's great, but was a bit time-consuming.

Nevermind, i am using following Commands:

Code:
plesk sbin mailmng-outgoing --set-subscription-limits --main-domain-name="$domain" --out-limit="$second_limit"

plesk sbin mailmng-outgoing --set-domain-limits --domain-name="$domain" --out-limit="$second_limit"

plesk sbin mailmng-outgoing --set-mailname-limits --domain-name="$domain" --mailname="$mailbox_name" --out-limit="$second_limit"

Ignore the variables, they get filled correctly but how would that suggested command from you will look like for subscription and domain limits?
Thank you in advance.

uff, isn't there an oneliner as your example before?
If i change Service Plan, it will affect to much customers.
I want to limit a current Domain / User which is spamming right away, not over service plan

uff, isn't there an oneliner as your example before?
If i change Service Plan, it will affect to much customers.
I want to limit a current Domain / User which is spamming right away, not over service plan
You could clone the existing service plan and only change the subscription of the affected customer(s) to that new plan.

Back