• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing IP addresses

H

hakkrdan

Hello -

I know I asked this before, but I couldn't find my post. There was a script to use to accomplish this, but I don't recall the name of it.

I need to move all the sites on my Plesk server, to a new set of IPs. I'd like to pretty much keep the same structure - just different IP addresses.

If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd certainly appreciate the tip.

Thanks!!
-dant

You want to use the reconfigurator utility.

# //usr/local/psa/bin reconfigurator.pl map_file

This will create a map file of all of the IPs on the box. Edit this file and then run the command again. It will make all replacements for you. Instructions are in the created file.

Sorry, one more question here.

I don't see this script reconfiguring any ethernet interfaces. Does Plesk really care which interface (virtual or physical) has these IP addresses, so long as at least one interface does?

Thanks!
-dant

Hi -

On top of that, should I concern myself with TTL values for all the domains for the sake of DNS propagation? Looks like TTLs by default in Plesk are set for 86400. Seems like an awful long time.

Is there a way to change that globally, to facilitate the switchover?

Thanks!
-dant

Hi -

Just wanted to see if anyone had an answer for this.

Thanks!
-dant

Backup your database I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY.

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -D psa -e "INSERT INTO misc VALUES ('SOA_TTL','86400');"

it is possible to change the TTL, Refresh, Retry, Expire, and Minimum records by adding the following parameters to the misc table in the psa database:

SOA_TTL
SOA_Refresh
SOA_Retry
SOA_Expire
SOA_Minimum

If these parameters are absent, the default settings will be used.

Example:

INSERT INTO misc VALUES ('SOA_TTL','86400');

To update ALL domains

mysql -Ns -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -D psa -e 'select name from domains' | awk '{print "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng update " $1 }' | sh

Ah ha, this is what I was looking for.

Thank you very much. I took a few mins to go over the databases, but couldn't quite see what I was looking for. I'll go ahead and commit a backup, and give it a shot.

Thanks
-dant

Hi -

So for existing domains, it looks like I'll have to update the TTL using sed. The changes to the database are only for new domains. I don't want to touch the new domains, as I'll be setting the TTL to it's previous value after the switch-over.

Thanks!
-dant

Back