• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Changing server

sitenet

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, running a digitalocean 4gb ram and 4 core CPU and the site is getting around 20-30 visits a day. I want to resize the VPS and decrease the Ram and CPU to 2gb ram/2core cpu. But digitalocean resize option in their interface has only option to increase but not decrease.

If I delete the VPS and get a new VPS with new IP, can I same plesk login from the previous server? But IP will be changed right? What else I have to configure in the server?

I suppose it would be better to create new VPS with lower resources, install there Plesk with Plesk Web Installer an then perform migration from old Plesk server to new one. After that you can remove first VPS.

Back