• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Check backup file integrity

G

gnosis

Hello. I've just run the pleskbackup utility for the first time. (previously I'd been using a custom script...thought I'd give this thing a try).

The command used was /plesk_bin_dir/pleskbackup --all /var/backup/pleskbackup

I see that 2 files were created: pleskbackup (2GB) and pleskbackup.001 (58MB)

Does the existence of the second file indicate that there was a problem? I see no mention in the docs about more than one backup file being created.

Also, is there a way to check the integrity of plesk backup files? The only indication I have that it "worked" is the size of the file. Well, the larger file, anyway. 2GB seems smallish but probably about right with good compression. Anyway, how can I tell if this/these backup files are worth anything? Is there a "verify backup file" utility?

Thanks,
G

pleskbackup just splits backup file into 2GB parts by default. Second file does not indicate any errors.

At least you may check backup compression correctness: zcat pleskbackup* > /dev/null

I don't know easy way to check content archives correctnes however...

if you want pleskbackup to split files in a larger zise use the function
export PLESKX_SPLIT_SIZE=FILESIZEHERE

I personally use 21474836480 (20 gb)

for testing its integrity, well im on the same road as everyone, as it doesnt tells you anything.

Back