1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Check that my Cron task is valid and verify that it works?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by kirupa, Feb 5, 2005.

1. kirupa

kirupa Guest

Hey everyone,
    I often log-in as root using an SSH client and restart my server every evening using the following command:

/sbin/service httpd restart

That restarts my server, and everything works properly.

I would like to automate that using Plesk. So I log-in to my Plesk Control panel as admin, and setup a cron task similar to the following: http://www.kirupa.com/temp/ss.gif

My question is two-fold.

1.) Would what I have added be the right command for restarting the service via Plesk automatically? I am familiar with the command-line server modifications, etc., but I'm still in the process of familiarizing myself with Plesk.

2.) If what I have in the crontab is correct, how can I verify that it works? Would an e-mail be sent to me? If so, I have not been receiving any e-mails informing me of my server having been restarted at 8PM. I did specify my e-mail address in the Cront tab section.

Thanks!
    Kirupa =)

2. memdy

memdy Guest

Just setup the crontab in Plesk, it's the same concept just with a GUI interface and you'll notice theres a spot for an email address notification.

3. kirupa

kirupa Guest

I have enabled a cront task to restart my server every 45 minutes, yet I don't receive an e-mail notification :(

EDIT: Sorry - nvm. For some reason Cron was not enabled. That's why what I entered in Plesk did not work .

4. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

Why would you want to restart your server every 45 minutes? Sounds very extreme.

Justin