• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Chrooted sendmail dont work

SpAcEDeViL

Basic Pleskian
When i will use sendmail, (standard in php) they dont work under a chrooted user.

sh: /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
Error - Could not instantiate mail function.

i use chroot_update.sh to add /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-sendmail-wrapper
but this dont work:

Updating chrooted environment on ****.de: chrootmng: skipping suid or sgid file "/var/www/vhosts/chroot/bin/postfix-sendmail-wrapper"

Why is chrooted so terrible in plesk?
How can i add mail in chrooted? I dont can give the user normal bash, they can see the hole system....

Last edited:
Hy UFHH01,

this does not help.

Same Error:
Code:
sh: /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
Error - Could not instantiate mail function.

Hi SpAcEDeViL,

pls. try to describe in detail
When i will use sendmail, (standard in php)
WHAT you configured and how you tried to use "sendmail", so people willing to help you are able to reproduce your described situation and then could guide you to possible solutions, how to reach your goal.

Hy,

thx for replay.

What i want is simple. i eg. using phpmailer to send emails from the site to users. eg. a newsletter that is called from crontab.

eg.
Code:
*/15      *    *    *    *    siteuser cd /var/www/vhosts/site.de/httpdocs/ && /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php bin/console sw:cron:run &> /dev/nul

sendmail is not the only error, i have errors when i use curl with the ssl certificates. but this is the next step(problem) frist i want only send emails.

Can plesk here not use a "fake" sendmail instance, that give the mails to the real sendmail? i read that sendmail can only run once on server.

Back