• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

chrootsh broken on 10.4 upgrades

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
On servers being upgraded from earlier Plesk 10 versions to 10.4.4, all of the new environment files that would normally be added to make chrootsh work are not added, and that prevents chrootsh users from logging in. At the very least, /bin/bash needs to be copied in, and probably the rest of /bin to make shell access not useless, the /lib64 directory for required libraries, /tmp for session data and without /dev/null, sftp doesn't work.

Is there a command that can be run on upgraded servers that will go through every single client on the server to create the required directories or do I need to write something custom?

I can't open a ticket until I've confirmed this is actually a bug because Parallels penalizes partners if you open a ticket and they don't consider it a bug.

Same problem

Hi @Hostasaurus.Com, did you get any response to this? I have what appears to be the same problem. i.e. with the main FTP user account set to /bin/bash (chrooted) then SFTP gives an access denied error.

Hi @Hostasaurus.Com, did you get any response to this? I have what appears to be the same problem. i.e. with the main FTP user account set to /bin/bash (chrooted) then SFTP gives an access denied error.

Nope; but most things that are bugs tend to be ignored lol.

We had to write a script to go through each chrooted site and copy in the contents of the /var/www/vhosts/chroot/ directory. I'd recommend using rsync because you need to preserve the sticky bit on the tmp directory and the socket file in the dev directory. There was a bit more to it than that though; since 10.2+ stupidly changed the behavior of subdomains having their own httpdocs and cgi-bin directories in /subdomains/<name>/ to one where the customer can choose any name they want for the document directory, before copying in these new directories from chroot, you have to first check to make sure the customer didn't create any subdomains and call the directories dev, etc, tmp or var.

Back