• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clamd OOM erros and adding to service

humpy

Basic Pleskian
I have installed the atomic qmail-scanner and have clamav scanning well, however i am on a Plesk VPS with only 512mb of ram, which averages showing 100mb free in stats. However when clamd grabs a chunk of ram, i start getting OOM errors and services start falling over.

Can anyone suggest ways to reduce clamd's uses of resources with losing too much functionality? I have toned down every setting I can find in clamd.conf, which seems to help a bit

I set ulimit -m 268288 otherwise memory resources slowly dwindle to nothing, but i am not sure if that is a good thing or not?

I also wanted to make sure when clamd failed, it would immediately restart at least I was following howtos from qmailrocks online, and installed daemontools and tried to make clamd run as a service under that, but didnt have much success, I didnt realise until later when trying to trouble shoot, that plesk already has a supervise / service etc system in place.

I was hoping someone could step me through putting clamd into plesks deamontools/service/supervise setup , as dont want to change something without realising and wreck the plesk stuff..
thanks in advance :)

AH! Have now found this does not exist, these errors are only available to the VPS host node ..

Did you install clamd from Atomic Rocket Turtle as well? It's installed as a service automatically in that case. You should be able to do 'service clamd start' for instance.

yes its the atomic clam. but if it crashes it doesnt restart. I would love to know the steps to be able to embed it back into plesk, by maybe editing the drweb confs in watchdog to point at clamav instead?? , and the other plesk panel bits etc, to have virus control etc enabled back inside plesk panel

Back