• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

classless ptr zone

A

altugaymer

Hello

I have a big problem.
I have plesk 8.2 for windows and using Bind for dns server.

Here is the problem:

I have a /29 ip class, for my server in the office from AT&T. I own mail server on this server. However At&t does not add ptr records for classes smaller than /24. So my mail server ip does not have any ptr record, so i cannot send emails to various domains.

They could only delegate my nameservers on this plesk server, which are ns1.smartisinteractive.com and ns2.smartisinteractive.com .
And they told me to create a classless ptr zone by myself.
As i read on this forum, i cannot do it on Plesk, how can i do it manually on bind. Can someone please give a step by step process?

the ip class is 12.22.85.112 /29 .
and i specially need 12.22.85.114 have the ptr record mail.newfilmsint.com .

I added the domain newfilmsint.com at plesk. When i use http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=12.22.85.114 it gives me Error: It looks like you've stuck me in a loop!.

Please someone help, since i tried to add something in bind zone files, but i couldn't success.

Thank you

The easiest way is to negotiate with the owners of the zone 85.22.12.in-addr.arpa that they created for you one ptr record without classless ptr zones.

Back