• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client quotas and domains... why does Plesk do it this way?

T

travisbell@

So let's say I have a client with 200MB, and use a domain template that includes 50 domains. The first default domain I add will only have 4MB alloted to it (200/5)...

Why!?

Why or HOW can I make Plesk treat Clients space as a whole and who cares how many domains there are? I come from HSphere and cPanel and both of these panels let you setup a client quota and that is all. You share the space among however many domains you add.

Is this not possible with Plesk?

because if you do not specify space for the created domain yourself, plesk simply set it to average value, i.e "allowed space for client / allowed number of domains for client"... if your client have permissions to manage domain, he can modify it at any time..

Yes I know that but it seems strange that domains have to have this "hard limit" attached to them and they are not simpy allowed to share whatever space as been alloted to the client. ;)

Back