• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clock Steriods

C

cincyweb

Clock on Steriods

We have a clock issue on a Dual Opteron server.

Suse 9.3 64 bit updated.

Clock is advancing at 5 to 7 minutes for each actual minute.
Reseting it in plesk and setting an ntp server does nothing.

We noticed that /etc/adjtime was getting modified so

We backed up the adjtime and then removed it. Then went into yast2 and changed the time zone to any other time zone, click apply, then go back and change it to the correct time zone and apply it and then reboot the server.

Then the time goes at a normal rate. However...
the /etc/adjtime file keeps getting modified and nullifying our previous actions.

It doesn't happen right away, it only happens after a week or so.

This is causing great problems, any suggestions to a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Well, I guess since no one has suggestions here, and submitting a suport ticket has also gone unanswered, I am realizing that switching to plesk might have been a mistake.

Maybe I need to re-examine other products more closely.
SInce the machine is new and to date has no clients on it, then it isn't too late reload and find a new option.

Originally posted by cincyweb
Well, I guess since no one has suggestions here, and submitting a suport ticket has also gone unanswered, I am realizing that switching to plesk might have been a mistake.

Maybe I need to re-examine other products more closely.
SInce the machine is new and to date has no clients on it, then it isn't too late reload and find a new option.
Your post probably went unanswered because the adjtime is not a Plesk module or setting, it is OS dependent. You would have done better to post this in a support forum for your Suse OS.

http://susefaq.sourceforge.net/howto/time.html

Plesk is not responsible for OS issues. And to my knowledge Plesk does not make any changes to this file. One big pet peeve with me is when people blame software developers for things which are not their fault, nor within the scope of their software... Another one is admins who don't bother to research anything about the OS they are using. Plesk is NOT an OS, it is a hosting management add-on to *nix servers.

If you are renting the server or have a 'managed' server, then you should have directed your question to your DC or provider.

Back