• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Cloudflare does not work

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
I am trying to get the cloudflare extension of Plesk obsidian work. I am running a Linux-Ubuntu-Server with the latest update of Obsidian. After enabling the cloudflare extension, I see a message everything works and going to the belonging cloudflare account the status is, that my domain is active. But a test with Check for Cloudflare® - by Selesti Ltd says that my domain is not secured by cloudflare and also my cloudflare dashboard does not show any traffic going through the cloudflare network.
Searching the internet for a solution I found that I would have to replace my dns-server-entries by new ones but I do not find the right dns-server names. Trying to find out what the right entries could be I only get the information:

Vom Partner gehostete Zone
Ihre DNS-Zonendatei wird von your Plesk server, einem Cloudflare-Partner, gehostet. Sie können Ihre DNS-Einträge auf deren Website verwalten.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Are you sure your NS entrys are pointing to your CloudFlare NameServers?
Normaly you do not need the CloudFlare extension in Plesk to make it work as CloudFlare works on DNS base. The extension is good to activate the needed parts on your System to activate fopr example the True IP. So the rights client IP does get logged in the logs.

This problem for me seems not to be related to Plesk.

There some more infos you should provide:

1. are your NS entrys pointing to CloudFlare?
2. the CloudFlare DNS config (Domainnames & IPs can be censored)
3. the exact result/error that Check for Cloudflare® - by Selesti Ltd gives you
4. where do you host your Domain?

Thank you for the quick reply!
1. I am sure, my NS entries are not pointing to cloudflare on registrar level. I tried to find out what the right entries could be but failed with this. So I could not change this up to now and need an advice how to find the right entries out.

2. Not sure what this implies

3. Three results:
Kulturmenschs Footsteps is NOT using Cloudflare DNS
• The URL you requested, included a redirect rule to Kulturmenschs Footsteps which we've followed
• You did not enter www. - some websites require this, so try the alternative www. version if this is not the result you were expecting. (i.e - I did both www and without, same results)
Kulturmenschs Footsteps is NOT using Cloudflare CDN/Proxy
Kulturmenschs Footsteps is NOT using Cloudflare SSL

4. Strato AG in Berlin, Germany.

When I go to my cloudflare account and check the status of my domain then I get "Domain tenckhoff.de active" in green
and when Iproceed to the DNS section I only receive:

Vom Partner gehostete Zone
Ihre DNS-Zonendatei wird von your Plesk server, einem Cloudflare-Partner, gehostet. Sie können Ihre DNS-Einträge auf deren Website verwalten.

what means in English:
Partner hosted zone
Your DNS zone file is hosted by your Plesk server, a Cloudflare partner. You can manage your DNS records on their website.

And now I am lost at this point because I do not know how to proceed with this as I doubt that I could manage my DNS-entries on the Plesk-Website!

Thank you again! Using the Plesk extension everything is automated and I did not receive the information from cloudflare concerning the right names for the DNS-Servers to substitute my ns3, ns4.stratoserver.net entries:-( In my DNS sheet of my server as provided by bind9/Plesk I only find a new CNAME entry: www.tenckhoff.de.cdn.cloudflare.net. And also ns1.tenckhoff.de and ns2.tenckhoff.de for my Server DNS-Server (which are not used). In my cloudflare dashboard I do not find out the right names for the new DNS entries:-( By the way, I also do not find a direct contact information to cloudflare, and my post in their forum has not been answered, yet.

Using the Plesk extension everything is automated

No its not as you see, otherwise it would work automatically.
This extension is just like a workaround for the official way.

Go to your Domainhoster and move the NS to the one provided to you by CloudFlare. CloudFlare always provide NS to point on.

If you cant make it, pls try a professional service as. If you do not get any help from CloudFlare Forum thats sad but this forum here is the wrong forum/place to ask.
You should always set things up correctly (natively) and try to prevent the use of Extensions/Plugins.

Back