• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Cloudflare is throwing 404 error when connecting the domain

mmlinaric

New Pleskian
Username: mmlinaric

TITLE

Cloudflare is throwing 404 error when connecting the domain

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian, CentOS 8, 64 bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When I try to connect the domain with the domain connect extension to Cloudflare, it displays a 404 error message.
P.S. I'm not the first one with this problem: Issue - Domain Connect + Cloudflare fails with a 404

cf err.png

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Install Plesk, connect the domain name to Cloudflare's nameservers, and try to connect it to Plesk with domain connect extension. After that, you will get a 404 error message.

ACTUAL RESULT

404 error

EXPECTED RESULT

Well, the "domain connected successfully" message on Cloudflare o_O

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

//

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Fix this issue! It happens for months now.

Well, the "domain connected successfully" message on Cloudflare
It is not possible till Cloudflare starts to support Domain-Connect protocol (they do not support it).
Not sure that provided STEPS TO REPRODUCE describe the steps well enough because developers still do not understand very well what they need to do to reproduce the issue.
Anyway, what exact domain is not working? We are going to check it with DC Example Service .

It is not possible till Cloudflare starts to support Domain-Connect protocol (they do not support it).
Not sure that provided STEPS TO REPRODUCE describe the steps well enough because developers still do not understand very well what they need to do to reproduce the issue.
Anyway, what exact domain is not working? We are going to check it with DC Example Service .
Hi Igor,

What bothers me is that in previous versions Plesk had an integration with Cloudflare. Why it was removed?
It would make sense to bring back that integration and make Cloudflare work again.

This feature would be very much appeciated by thousands of customers.
many of the customers do not post about this as it seems there was no decent answer about it from the support or development team.
There are several lower end hosting platforms that have a simple integration with Cloudflare.

There are also scripts that could integrate with cloudflare and it would be easy enough for a developer to get it working for thousands or hundreds of thousands of clients in a mater of days.

It's worth it. Please implement it.

Regards Allan

I do not think Allan above meant the ServerShield in particular. What we want is for domain connect to work properly and get DNS Records from Cloudflare.
because once you click on Domain Connect you get a 404 at CloudFlare.
1628120224274.png

Back