• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cobalt to plesk 7.5 migration tool?

• Thread starter BillionNamesGod
  • Start date
B

BillionNamesGod

Can anyone tell us how to migrate a cobalt
to plesk reloaded 7.5, there is supposed to be a tool for this?

HELP!

Yes, I think there is a tool for this. I'm not sure if it's public. However, I honestly suggest you pay 4PSA to do the migration, and save yourself a lot of headaches and frustration. Migrations from one Plesk version to another rarely go smoothly, let alone upgrading from another product like Cobalt RaQ.

Let them deal with the headaches and frustration; they are very good at what they do. You could also pay SW-Soft to do the migration, but I've made my recommendation above.

I used the Cobalt RaQ4/5 migration tool that is in Plesk 7.5.2 (i guess its standard, or maybe its only in there if you have the applications pak). And it seemed to work fine.

The only problems i ran into was with the way that plesk see's users and domains, as opposed to the way Cobalt sets them up. But over all, the process with clean, simple, and easy.

My customers didnt even know things had changed!

The only real problem I had was one of my customers had a password of around 16 characters - and plesk didnt like that... it imported, but truncated the password.

Back