• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Coldfusion DSN error "access denied"

scrupul0us

New Pleskian
Im running a fresh install of 10.1.1 and cold fusion 9 trial mode (wanna make sure its working before I drop 1300 bucks)

I'm trying to add a dsn for a domain and when I point to the MDB plesk says:

Error: Access denied: C:/Inetpub/vhosts/thedomain.com/httpdocs/data

Values are:

name: thedatabase.mdb
path: C:/Inetpub/vhosts/thedomain.com/httpdocs/data/thedatabase.mdb

I applied the DSN patch found here:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=109190&highlight=coldfusion

...and I still get the error

But, if i enter the CFIDE admin section and add the DSN there, it works, and the domain im working with (for testing) loads up just fine

Any ideas why plesk would be throwing the access error?

What driver have you selected? 'Microsoft Access' or 'Microsoft Access with Unicode'?

Please extract attached file to c:\program files (x86)\parallels\plesk\admin\plib\ location. Access denied error should be fixed.

Last edited:
New error:

Error: Cannot create 'thedatabase.mdb' DSN: Missing required parameter --domain. Possible parameters is:
--file
--mode
--domain
--ip

Please try this attached file. First one has been prepared for 10.2 beta version, so had some additional changes, not available in 10.1

Sorry for inconvinience.

Attachments

• class.CFDSN.php.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 13
Please try this attached file. First one has been prepared for 10.2 beta version, so had some additional changes, not available in 10.1

Sorry for inconvinience.

Hello PavelV

I'm runnining plesk10.2(recently updated from 10.1.1) win2008 and had the same issue as the person who started this topic.

I have applied the fix you suggested and run into issue while adding new CF DSN to access MSAccess DB:

DB query failed: Unknown column 'h.ip_address_id' in 'where clause'
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: common_func.php3:114
db_query(string '
select d.name, a.ip_address from
domains d,
hosting h,
ip_addresses a
where
d.id = 390 and
h.dom_id = d.id and
h.coldfusion='true' and
a.id = h.ip_address_id
')
1: class.CFDSN.php:967
CFDsnManager->GetDomainInfo(integer '390', string '', string '')
2: class.CFDSN.php:1093
CFDsnManager->SaveDataXML(string 'SALESBLITZ', string 'Microsoft Access', string 'MSAccess', integer '390', array, boolean true)
3: class.CFDSN.php:617
CFDsn->update()
4: edit.php:56

I investigated the problem and found that during last upgrade 10.1.1-> 10.2 plesk changed database structure: ip_address_id is not hosting table column anymore, it is one of the domain's parameter in dom_param table.

Thanks
MSmart

Please attach fixed class.CFDSN.php file for Plesk10.2

Thanks
MSmart

Please find attached fix for 10.2

Attachments

• class.CFDSN.php.zip
    49.2 KB · Views: 19
Hello PavelV,

the problem just came back:

Microsoft Access : epharm
Error: Access denied: c:/inetpub/vhosts/xxxxxxxx/httpdocs/eph_db

Plesk 10.2 win2008x64 CF8x32

Could you please assist with a fix again?

Thanks
MSmart

It is possible that you really don't have write access for subscription's FTP account for this folder?
Is it worked and then broken again? Is the problem reproduced on another domain with another database?

It is possible that you really don't have write access for subscription's FTP account for this folder?
Is it worked and then broken again? Is the problem reproduced on another domain with another database?

I have double checked the fact that IWAM_Plesk(default) user has Modify privileges on httpdocs folder, even set Modify for everyone.

This issue is reproducible on other domains when I'm trying to create CF DSN accessing MS Access database there.

Is it possible to issue next MU package for 10.2 plesk with this fix?

I am not sure but it seems that the problem appeared again after I downgraded ColdFusion from 9 down to 8 version. Could it be the cause of the issue? CF DSN accessing MS Access database can be created from ColdFusion Administrator portal without any issue.

Thanks
MSmart

I was have the same problem with the Access denied error. I replaced that file on my plesk 10.2, and now i get a 500 server error, when I go to the coldfusion dsn page or it will say "This file is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment." I took that line of code out and all I get is the server error. I am navigating to the page for one of my domain in power user mode.

If you see "This file is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment." it means content of file is corrupted.
Ensure you are not using ASCII transfer when transferring this file to server.

This file for 10.2 worked for me on the new server as well.

Why this file haven't been included into 10.2 MU yet?

Thanks

Back