• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Command line options to be added for Plesk 10

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

it´s very handy that many aspects of Plesk can be configured by command line. This makes configuring a new server quite comfortable as it´s way better than to click through all options. As we get new servers every now and then, it´s a real time saver.

But to perfect this, the following things should also be configurable via command line. At least I couldn´t find a way to do so already.

Server Management > Tools & Settings >
- Panel Branding
- Notifications
- System Time
- Session Idle Time
- Virus Protection Settings > Used antivirus

For panel branding, it should also be possible to specify a logo via an URL, so this could also be configured via command line.

Other things:
- Modules > Firewall
- I cannot delete the service plan "Site Builder (add-on)" via command line

Hope this will be added to some future version.

Lars

Yes, I did read the documentation, though this might have been at the time where only 10.2 had been out.

Still, besides the notification utility, I couldn´t find anything to use for the other mentioned things. Could you please tell me which utilities are available for those?

Lars

Another thing that should be fixed (buggy in 10.4.4): Using /opt/psa/bin/service_plan you can define "notify" but this only applies to "Overuse is allowed". You cannot set "Overuse of disk space and traffic is allowed" together with "notify".

@Igor: Could you please tell me which utilities are available for those?

I do not understand necessity of 'notify' definition for "Overuse of disk space and traffic is allowed" if you can set the amount of monthly traffic upon reaching which notification is sent.

Well, in the GUI it´s possible to set "notify" either for "Overuse of disk space and traffic is allowed" as for "Overuse is allowed (not recommended)" (which is good).

I want my customer not to be able to create e.g. more databases than he is allowed to, but I want him to be able to use more disk space because otherwise Plesk would only show its default page which is bad for my customers business. Though, I want to be informed about that, so I can talk to my customer to get him reduce the disk space usage.

As we now have around 25 servers running Plesk it has become somewhat time consuming to change settings via GUI. It took me about 45 minutes to change all our service plans on all our servers (is there a way to control multiple Plesk instances via a central server? If not this would be a great new product idea!).

So, as for the other things I mentioned earlier, if there is something that can be configured it should also be configurable via command line.

Back