• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Config file error after upgrade from 12.5 to Onyx (nginxWordpress.php)

Bas Kierkels

New Pleskian
Product: Plesk Onyx, Version 17.0.17 Update #4, last updated on Oct 24, 2016 03:15 PM
Architecture: unknown to me

Description:
After upgrade to Onyx from 12.5 Plesk shows the error as displayed below.
Regenerating the config files doesn't work: broken and regenerate all.
Plesk is working on it for some time, then says it was solved.
After page reload, the same error is visible.
As far as i have seen the sites are not affected by this.

Reproduce:
Upgrade from 12.5 to Onyx with the command line upgrade.

Full error:
New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/nginxDomainVhost.php, error = Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxWordpress.php doesn't exists file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxWordpress.php doesn't exists file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxWordpress.php doesn't exists file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Finder.php line: 25 code: 0. Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

Hope you guys can help me!

Thanks,
Bas

Hi,

That post didn't help:

How can i recreate "domain/service/nginxWordpress.php"?

My specific problem is that some files are corrupt:

nano /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php:
<?php
die("The file {$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']} is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.\n");
__sw_loader_pragma__('PLESK_12_5');
?>
��x�8���`S�`�<t������^U�^Ac^\�ÊÏ^M$-��anÆ^GËZ^SÏ
�?���oJ'��%�&y^@O^F�>^RR^?�RaÙ^VÜ^X�B�r�ß^@D^LO) ^YÆ�\�1�Ç[z���^_^E7�q5BØ)}{Ѧ4���×/^K]ίCʯ_c@�m×
}ÈREÈ ^[^Ee��}�(7O�^Y���\�^Me�z ^F��^N^CI�ƹÏ�Û��^Dy*��w�H�&�Õ^A��i�^_#�ÖP5��g^L^D!�Ð^F^@^HÙ��Øh`ÙÉ^A�n��Ñ�o×r���n�~��¬^Fޥ��^R�h{|��O!C$eE;'Û�$½ï¿½WÒ
Ã
r^N}���Ò
9�N9^EÐ
�^Ã
Ù
�6�Ϊ^]Ì%Â¥^H^W5P�kO�^]Z6Â¥^D�^[q^^Ò¥1|`�OÓ] �`i���È>^_^E^G��cB^C�Ð�^P/w]D��s^Í�Z3�]^Z:Y.��#�a�^T�]^A62�Q�^WAgÃ�L�*U%z^S%���$

I've tried:
yum reinstall psa-proftpd
and
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

After that these files are still corrupt:
nano /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php
nano /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Finder.php

I've checked the Plesk db with
plesk db
select id,objectId,status,description from Configurations where status="error";

I've read your forum quite extensively but to no avail.

Please help me identify how i can rebuild the files mentioned above.

Thanks,
Bas

This file is not corrupted but encrypted as any other Plesk php files. Plesk is commercial product therefore we encrypt our php code.

Ok Igor, thanks.

But what is the problem then?

It's obvious that something is wrong since the upgrade to Onyx.

How can i restore or reinstall these files mentioned in the error above.

Currenty: several Plesk functions are stopped because of this error so we need a solution.

Thanks for your support.

Bas

Hi Bas Kierkels,

pls. try to READ the error message(s), which mostly point directly to a ( possible ) issue:

Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/nginxDomainVhost.php, error = Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxWordpress.php doesn't exists

The old default template "nginxWordpress.php" doesn't exists anymore with Plesk Onyx:

Code:
COMMAND TO USE OVER THE COMMAND LINE: => ls -lah /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domain/service

total 56K
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4,0K Nov  2 12:11 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4,0K Nov  2 12:11 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  633 Okt 25 10:20 bandWidth.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  826 Okt 25 10:20 errordocs.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  283 Okt 25 10:20 fpm.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  360 Okt 25 10:20 frontpageWorkaround.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  802 Okt 25 10:20 nginxProtectedDirectories.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  337 Okt 25 10:20 nginxProtectedDirectoriesProxy.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1,2K Okt 25 10:20 nginxSeoSafeRedirects.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  428 Okt 25 10:20 protectedDirectories.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  792 Okt 25 10:20 proxy.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1,3K Okt 25 10:20 seoSafeRedirects.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  248 Okt 25 10:20 suspend.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  321 Okt 25 10:20 tomcat.php

... so you either use a manual configured "nginxDomainVhost.php" file ( because the actual default template "nginxDomainVhost.php" doesn't include the call of this file, or you have a custom template, which calls this old, not-anymore-existent template. Pls. check with for example:

find /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates -type f -name "*.php" -exec grep --color -Hni "nginxWordpress" {} \;

... where the non-existent template is called from and provide this information ( !!! ), so we could suggest further steps to solve your issue. ;)

In addition, @VNick already suggested a fix, by recommending at the suggested forum - link : ( => #2 ) :
Thanks for reporting. Could you post output of find /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom ?

As a fix, remove (or update and fix) your custom vhost templates from /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that update. It did solve this issue.

I wasn't aware that this was a custom template. I still don't know which package created these lines.

With your comment:
find /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates -type f -name "*.php" -exec grep --color -Hni "nginxWordpress" {} \;

I was able to find the files and change them. After recreating the config files in Plesk, the issue seems to be completely solved.

Thanks,
Bas

Back