• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question config plesk to redirect sub directory to different host

Teal_cfr

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54 Update #3
Hi,

I'm wondering if I could manage this with Plesk panel or Via SSH terminal console this project and if you have any advice for me :

I'm going to regroup 6 different website hosts on the same server under the same TLD.
Each website will be distinguished by a sub-directory of the TLD

like :
domain.com/universe-1/
domain.com/universe-2/
domain.com/universe-3/

I believe that instead of the host configuration file it's more about Reverse proxying for this project.

If someone could confirm this and let me know if I can manage it via Plesk Panel

Nop,

This is to modify the rewrite the URL

I'm not looking for rewriting, I'm looking to match different subdirectory of LTD to different Host

domain.com/universe-1/ -> VHOST 1
domain.com/universe-2/ -> VHOST 2
domain.com/universe-3/ -> VHOST 3

You're right, I didn't read your question properly. Sorry about that. However, if I understand your question correctly, you should still be able use a .htaccess file to configure different document roots for different domain paths. I found this article, which does not exactly cover your use case but it look like a good example how to configure a htaccess file to url's serve from different directories. I am sure that if you Google around a bit more you'll be able to find some example that maybe beter fit your use case.

Hi,

Your example doesn't really match my problematic.

Mine is more matching a unique domain with multiple Vhost

so I guess it using reverse proxy like this :

Or maybe a hidden rewriting rule in the htaccess of the main domain like this : rewriting url to hide real page path

Back