• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Configure Email Client Template

Kristo

Basic Pleskian
Please have a look at the pictures. Is it possible to replace <domain.tld> with one I specify by my own?

I´m not using DNS Bind because of an external DNS.

The modal is part of the plesk panel e-mail settings.

Configure-Email-Client-Settingpage.jpg
Configure-Email-Client-Template.jpg

Hi Kristo,

on linux - based systems, you have the choice to use "find" and/or "grep", which gives you the possibility to search for a defined text for example. You could use:

grep -r 'Configure Email Client' /usr/local/psa
( which will for example lead you to: => "/usr/local/psa/admin/application/smb/resources/languages/en-US/controllers/email-address/configuration.php" )

Now you see at "configuration.php", that the fields are named with "fieldIncomingServer" and "fieldOutgoingServer", which again can be searched with a "grep" - command... for example:

grep -r 'fieldIncomingServer' /usr/local/psa
and
grep -r 'fieldOutgoingServer' /usr/local/psa

Both commands will now point you to the basic file "/usr/local/psa/admin/application/smb/views/scripts/email-address/configuration.phtml", where the queries are done:
Code:
<?php echo $this->lmsg('fieldIncomingServer'); ?>: <?php echo $this->escape($this->domainName); ?><br>
<?php echo $this->lmsg('fieldOutgoingServer'); ?>: <?php echo $this->escape($this->domainName); ?><?php echo ($this->hasSmtpAuth) ? (' (' . $this->lmsg('smtpAuth') . ')') : ''; ?><br>

If you would like to change the output to something you desire, you have to manually modify these lines.

Pls. be aware, that editing Plesk files are done on your own risk and your edits may disappear in case of updates/upgrades/patches from Plesk!

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed grep is a very powerful command. Thanks for your help.

I´d like to avoid to edit Plesk files because of the two reasons you pointed out.

Could I manage to change those values if I install DNS Bind and change the MX record how it is used in my actual nameserver zone file?

Is that linked with each other?

Back