1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Connect to MySQL database via ASP

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by SuperCrazyMark, May 16, 2011.

1. SuperCrazyMark

SuperCrazyMark New Pleskian

35%
    Hello,
    I want to write an ASP script to connect to the Plesk MySql database so I can read my client info etc to be displayed in our custom written Account pages (hopefully to be able to read & write so clients can view/amend their account details from our pages).

I have found the following connection script:

Code:
    <%
    Dim sConnection, objConn , objRS 

sConnection = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; DATABASE=mysqld; UID=admin;PASSWORD=++My admin password++; OPTION=3" 

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 
    %>

It seems to connect without errors but when I try and query the MySql database I get the following error:

HTML:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' 

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Is there another admin user I need to use to be able to connect to the actual Plesk MySql database?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Mark