• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Constant errors on FTP Backup

ManuelGDot

Basic Pleskian
Since one of the latest updates I'm receiving backup errors on a daily basis. None of the error message claims holds true - backups are created successfully on FTP space.

Here's an example error message:
Code:
Server
Plesk entry point: https://...:8443/

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

Unable to upload the file to the storage: Stream error: /check2/test: Curl error: Unable to resume an interrupted upload: (56) Failure when receiving data from the peer: Last FTP request: MKD check2: Last FTP response: 257 "check2" new directory created: Connection to the FTP server has lost
Check that you have permissions to upload files to the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:
  echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u username 'ftp://...//test-dir/test-file.txt'
  curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u username 'ftp://...//test-dir/'

Error messages vary - sometimes it's this, sometimes another. On top, the error messages never fit the actual scheduled backup time but occur 4-5h later (the backups don't take that long).

Btw. all those "test dirs / files" are present on the FTP space. Again the messages are just confusing. They occur now daily and cause what I call "noise" - it's hard to find real errors in between.

Does this occur with a German data center provider which name starts with He...? In that case ask their support to migrate your backup box to a different machine. Migration will be done for free. They are having issues with overload situations on their backup servers.

Does this occur with a German data center provider which name starts with He...? In that case ask their support to migrate your backup box to a different machine. Migration will be done for free. They are having issues with overload situations on their backup servers.
Thanks mate - no I'm not hosting with those guys. You may remember the directory traversal issue that made it to the news a few years ago? :D

The Plesk Server in question is on AWS - my ftp repo is in a secret location only 3 people on earth know about. Just kidding. But the truth is, I'm doing this all myself, I'm a freelancer and take care of the complete infrastructure, nobody else involved. The FTP server hasn't changed at all. I can connect just fine with e.g. curl, Filezilla or others.

And again - the issues occur 4-6h after each succesfull backup. It all started after the last 1 or 2 updates of Plesk and I have not the slightest idea what's supposed to be wrong or where to start looking.

All help muchly appreciated!

This issue is clearly related to one of the latest Plesk updates. We had another Server located at a different hoster. The customer didn't want automatic server updates. Last week I manually updated Plesk on this server and right away the same FTP-Errors started to come in. Same scenario, backups are fine, there's just this error message every day.

Back