• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contact Form: Amendment Proposals

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
Here are some amendment proposals for the contact form module:

- Replace the technical term "Captcha" as not everyone understands it. I guess something like "password", "security code" or "characters" would be easier.

- Place the captcha reload link next to the captcha image instead of the input field.

- In the intro text for the captcha replace the term "posting" (at least in the German version, which could then read "Bitte geben Sie zum Schutz vor automatischen Eintragungen die unten gezeigten Zeichen ein. *").

- It would be nice if the form could provide radio buttons and select options (drop-down fields). Radio buttons in a contact form would for example allow for subscribing/unsubscribing a newsletter. In general, forms with those features could be used for more purposes than for contacting someone.

Hi Dave,

- Replace the technical term "Captcha" as not everyone understands it. I guess something like "password", "security code" or "characters" would be easier.

Good point. I've filed a bug, we'll fix it in 11.1.

- Place the captcha reload link next to the captcha image instead of the input field.

We've switched to ReCaptcha in 11.1, so you can consider this fixed in the next release.

- In the intro text for the captcha replace the term "posting" (at least in the German version, which could then read "Bitte geben Sie zum Schutz vor automatischen Eintragungen die unten gezeigten Zeichen ein. *").

Thanks for reporting this - I've filed a bug, we'll fix it in 11.1.

- It would be nice if the form could provide radio buttons and select options (drop-down fields). Radio buttons in a contact form would for example allow for subscribing/unsubscribing a newsletter. In general, forms with those features could be used for more purposes than for contacting someone.

I've filed this as a request in our tracking system. I'm not sure if we'll be able to do that in 11.1, but I'm sure we'll get to it sooner or later.

Thanks for great feedback, as always - please keep it coming.

Back