• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contact Form WPB 11.5 does not work

swopedesign

Regular Pleskian
It displays, but the captcha, although enabled, is never displayed on the published site. Also, the form does not process. The page refreshes and that is all. The success message is never displayed either, nothing sent to mail que.

http://cdennismoore.com/contact

Worked previously without any problem.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Not willing to pay for a problem created in an update

Unfortunately, Parallels charges for support. :( I had hoped they would read these forums and offer solutions. I know that's not their modus operandi. But then I had hoped that someone else had the same problem, and could advise about how hey solved it.

:(:(:(

Please note that Parallels refund you, if your ticket is caused by bug in the product.

I see JS-error at your page "Uncaught TypeError: Object function (a,b){return new e.fn.init(a,b,h)} has no method 'startFixWatermarkHeight'". Did you changed any html-files at your site?
As workaround you could try to disable "Stretch the sidebars and the content area down to the footer" feature at Design/Layout page (and republish the site).

Still no solution to the Contact Form problem....

Please note that Parallels refund you, if your ticket is caused by bug in the product.

I see JS-error at your page "Uncaught TypeError: Object function (a,b){return new e.fn.init(a,b,h)} has no method 'startFixWatermarkHeight'". Did you changed any html-files at your site?
As workaround you could try to disable "Stretch the sidebars and the content area down to the footer" feature at Design/Layout page (and republish the site).

Well, several things:

1) The problem afflicts multiple web sites, all created with WPB.
2) There have been no additions to the web sites for coding, etc. since the forms worked last. All edits have thus been made in WPB.
3) If I go to try to edit the forms now, the CAPTCHA does not display UNLESS in module editing mode, and then does not display when site is published.
4) The problem appears to have been introduced in a recent update to Plesk Panel, which incorporates WPB. I do not know which update. But the problem first appeared previous to the first post in this thread.
5) Current Plesk version is 11.5.30 (now). Problem persists.

Mike Swope

Problem identified...but created by WPB

I have identified the problem tonight for the Contact Forms issues.

My clients, at my suggestion, have been using code generated by WOWSlider (wowslider.com) for javascript banners on their web sites. Up until an update was published with Plesk Panel and Presence Builder, these codes have worked flawlessly with WPB. Now they do not, presumably because Plesk Panel now offers a similar built-in feature which probably uses the same javascripts, etc. and therefore conflicts with the code generated by WOWSlider.

I do not, however, have a solution, since the problem was created by WPB at a later date than the wowsliders were created two years ago.

Solutions from Parallels? And you can't tell the client(s) to stop using WOWSlider. That's just not kosher to tell clients what they have been doing no longer works with their hosting provider.

Mike Swope

More WPB 11.5.30 contact form woes. Not only the problems mentioned above, but I have discovered that another issue exists. This one generates bounces to email addresses for att.net and yahoo.com (both are essentially the same company). Emails from the contact form in WPB (created before the update(s) which have caused the problems) are rejected by Yahoo servers under their policy. My server admins have been looking at the issue, but the issue is more complicated than correcting SPF and DKIM entries.

For example, my server admin writes:

"[email protected] is legitimate and is the admin account of your server. It will usually send/recieve alerts like bounces.
I have been investigating the issue further but need your input on exactly how your contact form is setup.
I seems as if you have it setup where the site sends to your "[email protected]" account.
The form looks to also be sending directly from apache and not any particular email address from preciousdebut.com. When sending directly from apache, none of the dns verification records(spf/dkim) are used. This will damage your ip reputation or get rejected and would also explain the yahoo policy reference."

So there we are. No response yet from Parallels regarding these issues.

Problems have been resolved by changing code in the slideshow (turned it into an iframe) and rebuilding the forms on the affected sites.

Yahoo Server Problems with Contact Form (WPB 11.5.3)

Parallels, you damn well better answer. I cannot be the only person having this issue with the Contact Form and Yahoo mail policies.

The Contact Form uses the user's email address as the FROM email address; however, Yahoo detects that the originating server is not a Yahoo server, thus all messages from this form with a Yahoo email address is blocked by Yahoo (also AT&T since they are the same company). So someone with [email protected] submits the online form, the client [email protected] NEVER receives the message! Grave mistake! The client wants to receive these messages but cannot! It is an error in the Contact Form script that causes this. Yahoo offers suggestions about how to change the script so that it is not rejected.

When will this be fixed? It has been months that Parallels has been aware of this issue.

More WPB 11.5.30 contact form woes. Not only the problems mentioned above, but I have discovered that another issue exists. This one generates bounces to email addresses for att.net and yahoo.com (both are essentially the same company). Emails from the contact form in WPB (created before the update(s) which have caused the problems) are rejected by Yahoo servers under their policy. My server admins have been looking at the issue, but the issue is more complicated than correcting SPF and DKIM entries.

For example, my server admin writes:

"[email protected] is legitimate and is the admin account of your server. It will usually send/recieve alerts like bounces.
I have been investigating the issue further but need your input on exactly how your contact form is setup.
I seems as if you have it setup where the site sends to your "[email protected]" account.
The form looks to also be sending directly from apache and not any particular email address from preciousdebut.com. When sending directly from apache, none of the dns verification records(spf/dkim) are used. This will damage your ip reputation or get rejected and would also explain the yahoo policy reference."

So there we are. No response yet from Parallels regarding these issues.

Back