• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Control Panel login password length changed

L

LeaUK

I just had a client inform me that they couldn't login to the new v8.3 Control Panel. I discovered that Plesk 8.3 (or could have been 8.2) has reduced the password character length.

My client simply needed to remove the last character to login, but I'm sure that modification isn't listed on the change log?

Lea

No, Plesk 8.3 has not reduced the password character length.
Seems client has tried to type password more than 15 symbols.

Sergius

I'm confident the length has definitely changed. My client has had the original password set in Plesk 8.1. I chose the password for the client and made noted it within my files. Since the 8.3 update the client could not login.

I naturally assumed they had changed their password and couldn't remember it so I used the CP to change their password. However I found that I couldn't add their original 15 character password as Plesk would not accept the complete string.

Please go to Client Name > Edit > and you'll see that the password field accepts only 14 characters! - perhaps a bug?

Regards
Lea

I found this in the admin guide..

Passwords of Plesk users should comply with the following rules:
 A password can include only printed characters.
 A password must not directly contain the user name.
A password length must not exceed 14 characters.
 Minimal password length is 4 characters by default. This value can be changed in the PLESK_MIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH parameter of the [HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config] key.

password limits

Has anyone else tried this? I created PLESK_MIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH and PLESK_MAX_PASSWORD_LENGTH string values, but am still able to make passwords over the number I set. I'm using Win2K3 server and Plesk 9.0.1.

I found this in the admin guide..

Passwords of Plesk users should comply with the following rules:
 A password can include only printed characters.
 A password must not directly contain the user name.
A password length must not exceed 14 characters.
 Minimal password length is 4 characters by default. This value can be changed in the PLESK_MIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH parameter of the [HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config] key.

Back