• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cookie Error On Fresh Install of WordPress

jtournier

New Pleskian
Hi.

I've just created a fresh install of WordPress to migrate a website over and configure before setting live.

However after creating a fresh install of WP I am unable to log in via the preview URL as it brings up an error:

"Error: cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress."

---

I've looked at a number of threads on this forum that seem to be unanswered (see below) and I've tried the fixes that involve adding lines to the WP config file that also has had no impact on this issue.

I tried the fix mentioned in the third link above and pasted below that didn't work at all.

define('ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('COOKIEPATH', '');
define('SITECOOKIEPATH', '');
define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] );

Any further ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've just tried that, and after adding the SSH command, I am no longer able to access the Plesk panel to select preview, so I've had to revert the changes and re-enable access via the ports.

It might just be something to do with the preview being unsecure, in which case I will have to activate the domain and set it live and make changes on the live URL.

Thanks.

Back