• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Copying Incoming and Outgoing E-Mail

C

CPFarhood

I host a domain for a company that would like to keep copies of incoming and outgoing e-mail (for legal purposes). How would i go about setting this up for them?

There is no easy way to do it. sent mail is saved on the client side, not the server side. Incoming you could just add a redirect to each mailbox, and have it go to a "catchall" type mailbox. The other way would be to manually backup /var/qmail/mailnames/domainname. You'd also get any sent mail that may actually be on the server (like from webmail).

No. Plesk modifies the way that qmail runs, in order for it to integrate with the CP. Usually rebuilding qmail on a plesk box, means running a different queue, such as qmail-scanner, or some other "wrapper".

The patch you pointed out, does nothing special from what I can tell. Like I said before, just add a redirect to each user, and you will get the same thing.

Originally posted by serve-you.net
No. Plesk modifies the way that qmail runs, in order for it to integrate with the CP. Usually rebuilding qmail on a plesk box, means running a different queue, such as qmail-scanner, or some other "wrapper".

The patch you pointed out, does nothing special from what I can tell. Like I said before, just add a redirect to each user, and you will get the same thing.
Do redirects keep a copy of the message for that specific user?

If you have a mailbox setup, and setup a redirect, it will save the message like normal to the mailbox, AND send a copy to the redirect address.

Originally posted by serve-you.net
If you have a mailbox setup, and setup a redirect, it will save the message like normal to the mailbox, AND send a copy to the redirect address.
Any solution for outgoing messages?

The other way would be to manually backup /var/qmail/mailnames/domainname. You'd also get any sent mail that may actually be on the server (like from webmail).
Other than that, it would have to happen on the client side.

Back