• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue CORS and IE11

Robin McDermott

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

On my server, I have one domain pulling info from another domain that is on the same server using CORS. I have added [Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"] in additional directives for HTTP and HTTPS in Apache and nginx settings for the domain pulling the info from the other domain.

The site is working fine in Chrome, FireFox, and Edge. In IE11 I get an "Access is Denied" error message.

Googling around, I see that one possible problem is that the sharing of resources is happening on the same server. I also noted that perhaps the problem can be resolved by "trusting" both sites. Since I don't have control over the end users machines, this is not a feasible option for me.

Interestingly, I didn't have this problem on my old server that I just migrated from. It was Plesk 12.x. The only difference is that the directive was written a little differently [add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' "*";] and it was in Additional Directives for nginx. I can't say why it was under the nginx directives, but I don't have nginx running on this computer and don't need it so I haven't installed it.

I need help :)

Back