• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Costum jpg-Header is converted to 256 colors

M

MargitW

I would like to add a custom header image into my template. It is a jpg image. The upload works, but the image will appear as 256-color image. If I let the browser display the image properties, is as
www.domain.de/images/header.jpg?template=xww-18&colorScheme=gray&header=&button=buttons1 and "GIF-Grafik". As a test I saved and uploaded the original header image and obtained the same result - a useless Header image with only 256 colors. Is this a bug?

This effect occurs even in the demo version of Site Builder to http://www.parallels.com/products/sitebuilder/demo/

I am a reseller, so I can not configure SiteBuilder. At the moment only I can override the header image after publishing. But then I have to do that after every publishing. This is not so good. Is there a solution?

Thank you!

Hi,

If it in the demo then I wouldnt know a work around except what you are doing. Are you loosing quality or something when you upload. As the link you provided doesnt work. Other option but which I dont know much about is to create your own template using the SDK so that way it would be there all the time.

Hi blazesoft,

thank you for your answer. I asked my hoster. He has resolved the issue with the support of Parallels. It was a mistake in the Sitebuilder.

Back