• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated and is no longer available for installation on the current Plesk release (18.0.63).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, the extension will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan and the deprecation FAQ.

Issue Could not renew Let's Encrypt certificates that have already been deleted

Brontozaur

New Pleskian
Hi All,

Plesk constantly tries to re-issue some certificates that have already expired and have been deleted using IIS tools.
The references to these certificates apparently remained somewhere in Plesk and it tries to renew them and sends 'Could not renew Let's Encrypt certificates' emails notifications.

How/where can I find and delete outdated certificates in Plesk?

Thanks in advance,
Max.

Hi Brontozaur,

It seems it has happened because of inconsistent information about certificates after deleting them in IIS directly.

I think you need just log in to Plesk and remove these certificates from Plesk UI, e.g.
- Go to Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates (under “Security”) and click the "x Remove" button (in case of a certificate in a server pool)
- Go to Websites & Domains > SSL/TLS Certificates (under the particular website) > Advanced Settings and click the "x Remove" button (in case of a certificate in a website pool).

Hi AYamshanov,
Thanks for the reply.
Actually I deleted those certificates after these emails start to coming in.
I didn't know where to delete them in Plesk so deleted in IIS.
Now I deleted them in Plesk and will check if this helps.
Thanks again.

Hi
Unfortunately this did not help. I deleted the certificates as explained above but the notifications are still arriving.
Is there any other place where I can find and delete them?
Thanks

Hi
Unfortunately this did not help. I deleted the certificates as explained above but the notifications are still arriving.
Is there any other place where I can find and delete them?
Thanks
Hi
Can you check the mail headers to see from which server they are sent? Just in case you ever had these domains on some other Plesk server.

Can you check the mail headers to see from which server they are sent? Just in case you ever had these domains on some other Plesk server.
Hi
I checked the email headers and was surprised by the sender's IP. It belongs to our other server but the domain in question has never been deployed there.
I have no idea how this has happened but this certificate is used to secure Plesk on the second server. Will try to remove it.
Thanks very much.

Back