1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Count email arriving to a server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JohnD@, Nov 20, 2005.

1. JohnD@

JohnD@ Guest

Hello.

I'm lloking at the diffrent hardware SPAM/AV-solutions like Barracuda Spam Firewall, Symantec Brightmail etc. and to have a easier choice on wich model to use I need to know how many emails that my servers are handling every day.

Is there an easy way to see/cound how many emails that a server recice in one day/week/month thru qmail, logs etc?

Anyone who has experice of BarracudeNetworks Spam Firewall? Loogs like an cost effective solution.

Thanks for all suggestion.

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    The qmail logs are in /usr/local/psa/var/log.

If you are looking for a free AV/Spam solution you should check out ART's project. You'll find that many of us use it, it was made with Plesk in mind and installs with yum.

http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com

3. JohnD@

JohnD@ Guest

Thanks.

Was a long time I looked at atomic's projects but the Project Gamera looks real sweet and a lot cheaper then Symantecs $20.000 solution ;-)

I'll start testing Gamera tomorrow.

Still, how can I se how many mails my servers are handling each day?