• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Couple of beginner questions

KyonV2

New Pleskian
Hello!

Firstly I would like to say that I just started learning Plesk and all the server management stuff so just bare with me for a moment.

1. On the main page of the server I can see that "Email" is taking over 25gb and since we moved all our services to an IMAP server we no longer need it. I went ahead and deleted all the addresses however the size did not change. Were the files indeed deleted and space freed or did I just delete the addressees? If so how do I delete the files as well.

2. We want to upgrade to Onyx since 12.0 is gonna lose support next year and we want to install Let's Encrypt. However the page "Upgrade" page is not loading for me on any browsers. "We can't connect the server at xxx". How can this be resolved?

3.I wanted to backup whole server before upgrading. I used Backup Manager but the file generated was, surprisingly, only 650 Mb which seems a bit small for the amount of pages we have. Would this file be indeed enough to load all the content and settings in case the upgrade goes badly?

v12.0.18_build1200140610.21 os_Ubuntu 14.04

1) Statistics are re-calculated during the night. A change in mail volume is not reflected unless you hit the "Refresh usage stats" button on the e-mail configuration page.

2) Make sure that port 8447 is open in the local on-server firewall, but in your pre-server firewall that many have at their provider, too.

3) When you do a full backup to an external FTP storage space - meaning no gimmicks like Dropbox or others, a REAL FTP server - and the backup does not give you any errors, you will normally be safe. Data is compressed, so it is possible that it looks smaller in the backup than it appears on the local disc.

Be prepared that the upgrade will not work smoothly. I recommend to check Plesk Pre-Upgrade Checker: A tool to identify business logic issues before upgrade or migration and to have enough time ready after the upgrade is done.

Back