• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important COVID-19 consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think and I also want to give my own opinion that is completely about learning, I learned a lot of things from this duration, I am listing here them:

1. We’ve Woken Up To Food Waste
2. We’re Getting On Our Bikes
3. We’re Taking Stock Of Our Travel Habits
4. We’re Getting On Our Bikes
5. We’re Appreciating The Birds And The Bees
6. We See The Benefits Of Buying Better
7. We’re Getting Good At Sewing
8. We’re Engaged And Active

With rules relaxing in most of the countries, things seem to be getting better. However, businesses have been completely ruined over the past few months. My restaurant business is completely devastated and I don't know when things will get back to normal. With limited online presence, I have suffered a lot and now I am thinking of doing something else with better online presence.

The virus has spread to almost all countries. Believing that it passes by us would be foolhardy. I like to see how all countries are united and how the companies cared about the health of their employees and switched companies to remote work. no presentations, no tech summits, no conferences... that's a huge change but also could be a good chance for the Technologic World. People learn how to use the internet properly...
The current reality informs us that we should be ready to work not in the office only. So, it will increase the trend of choosing mobile devices instead of desktop computers, and lead to a growing demand for new mobile applications. In other words, all services which allow you to stay away from the virus threat will increase.

I stayed at home for 2 months and was lucky to be able to start again for 5 months. My country has a pretty good epidemic control with just over 1,000 cases and 29 deaths. I feel lucky for that. And also fortunate that I can still work and earn money to cover all costs in life. In my country up to 25 million workers have lost their jobs and reduced their income due to covid 19 and this number will increase cooking as an unregulated epidemic globally. I come from Vietnam

I just hope things go normal soon. I'm tired work at home, can't go to the cinema with friends etc. Luckily gyms are open again. At least i can burn some fat I gained during quarantine.

I don't feel that the situation is as dangerous as it was in May or April. But it is a little difficult to return to the lifestyle as it was before the virus.

I've been working from home for the las year, so no big deal
but all the meetings transfered to Zoom instead of cafes, sad

Well, I personally know people who like it in fact. Such as - students who are being taught online. Sitting all day in front of the screen, listening to the lecturer and watching movies in the next window :) and chatting with friends in the 3rd window...

As this pandemic virus crashed almost everyone's lifestyle, mine was crashed 4 years before, I lost my company at the hands of a partner and my marriage crumbled down too by some months apart than the company... Since then I've been working at home rebuilding work, clients and life... As a single parent to an 5 year old kid with some motor disfunction ( he lives with me ) and taking care of my mother ( she is 89 now ) it was a great challenge... When the virus came changed almost nothing on the everyday ( except for the kid's school ). Lost some hosting clients but fortunately I do remote support to some Plesk servers (lost some of those too ) but that kept me going with no problem as the owners of most of the servers are companies that resisted well the virus impact. So I've been in survival mode for some years now... But hoping this next year will be going better for all of us... Keep Safe! Be well!

Hah, your dream is too optimistic. It would be nice to have an environment for total lockdown cancelation in half a year. In real life, hardly can I imagine everything as simple as it was before the pandemic.
About the second half of your message prediction, I wouldn't be surprised indeed.

COVID-19 is really destructive now a days in multiple countries. Almost every business is destroyed, but hoping everything will be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back