• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue CPU High Usage - Process Sleeping problem?

jesus2014

New Pleskian
Hi,

Sorry for my English,

I have to problem that there are many spikes on my server, with a very high cpu. I have seen the sleeping processes, can that be the problem?

Thanks!

CPU-CARGA.jpg

Looks all normal to me. Why do you believe that occasional and temporary cpu load of 75% is a problem?

Sleeping processes are not actively using any cpu resources. Some resources are needed to check on all the processes, but that is neglectible.

Looks all normal to me. Why do you believe that occasional and temporary cpu load of 75% is a problem?

Sleeping processes are not actively using any cpu resources. Some resources are needed to check on all the processes, but that is neglectible.

And the task load is normal? I have 10 cpu with 16gb RAM, and when it reaches more than 15 the task load the webs go slow.

Regards!

Yes, load spikes are perfectly normal. A variety of reasons are possible, eg, backup job, file clean up, malware scan, etc

Back