• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CPU High wait

Hi,

yes they are.
Did you run these commands on both servers at the same time or one after the other?

As you can see Server1 roughly is twice as fast as Server2 in regard of DiskI/O.

Are there maybe Limits set for IOPS/iolimit/ioprio? (Only your provider can answer these questions).

To see if it's your Resellers/Customers that are creating such high I/O wait, you could try and just stop httpd all together for 5-10 Minutes (# /etc/init.d/httpd stop).
Does the I/O-Wait go down?

Regards,
Kristian

Hi I turned off the httpd about 00:10 UK time.

Nothing much changed.

CPU Usage has stayed the same on the wait IO

CPU memory/Apache went down but then shot back up within 5 minutes back to around the same as it has been

regards

martyn

Hi,

well this is the proof that it's not one of your customers.
It's most probably also not MySQL. You can try and stop both (httpd & MySQL).

One thing that actually might have impact on your Disk I/O is if your mail queue is full.
Can you check that please?

After that, I would really request a move of the CT to another node, as I'm quite sure it's
related in somehow. Without seeing the Node it's hard to tell for sure.

It should however be in your providers interest to fix this issue, he's getting paid for it after all :)

Regards,
Kristian

So I have good evidence to show my supplier that there is a problem on the server ?

Is there anything else I can do before I speak about moving my server to another server/node ?

Thank you for all your help.

Martyn

So I have good evidence to show my supplier that there is a problem on the server ?

Is there anything else I can do before I speak about moving my server to another server/node ?

Thank you for all your help.

Martyn

Hello.

I need help with my Plesk. I have Panel Plesk 11.5.3 and the "Health Monitoring" show a high use of CPU in services Apache. I attached a capture.

Please, Can you help to solution this? Thanks.

Plesk-Hich-Cpu-Apache.png

Hi

I would like to say thanks to Kristian for helping me. I spoke to my provider and they switched me straight to the same node as my other server and we are now up to 28MB on Server 2 so this is now fixed. The info I provided to them was very useful.

Originally I got 6MB and then 10MB today just after the switch of Node but now I have just got 26.9MB on Server 2

[root@Server2 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync16384+0 records in16384+0 records out1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 39.9546 s, 26.9 MB/s

[root@Server1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync16384+0 records in16384+0 records out1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 38.247 s, 28.1 MB/s

Hi

I would like to say thanks to Kristian for helping me. I spoke to my provider and they switched me straight to the same node as my other server and we are now up to 28MB on Server 2 so this is now fixed. The info I provided to them was very useful.

Originally I got 6MB and then 10MB today just after the switch of Node but now I have just got 26.9MB on Server 2

[root@Server2 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync16384+0 records in16384+0 records out1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 39.9546 s, 26.9 MB/s

[root@Server1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync16384+0 records in16384+0 records out1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 38.247 s, 28.1 MB/s

Hi,

you are very welcome.
I am happy to have been able to help.

Have fun with your now performant server :)

Regards,
Kristian

Hi,

please open your own thread.
Your problem is not related to this one.

But please provide more information also.
Apache2 RAM and CPU usage is always as high as their demand.

CPU depends on how your Scripts are programmed.
RAM depends quite alot on how PHP is configured and used.
Using mod_php and high php_memory_limit Values will of course increase Memory usage.

Though, these Problems are not really Plesk related and very individual. you should be the only one being able to troubleshoot.

Regards,
Kristian

Back